Friday, December 2, 2011

seven days feels like a lifetime...

It's official! I only have seven days (including today) left in Spain! Technically, if you count correctly, I only have six days left but that is beside the point. I am so excited to come home and see everyone, but everyday feels like it is dragging on. I try to not think about it but that hasn't been working so well for me lately. I am almost done with all of my finals! Monday is my last day of classes and I have a test at 9am and a paper due at noon and then I am free of homework until January! I have been working my butt off the past few days making my homework "perfect" and putting the final touches on some papers that I had to write for today. I have loved being here so much, I can't even begin to tell you. I have had so many amazing experiences and met so many amazing people this semester! But if I am being honest, I am so ready to get home!!! I am going to miss seeing everyone basically everyday, but I am so excited to be able to meet new people, especially my new roommates for next semester. I am also incredibly excited to be able to go back to work! The earning money part of that is just a bonus! I have been so blessed with this opportunity to live in Spain for almost four months and I have learned as much as I possibly can this semester about the language, culture, and customs of Spain. I am a little nervous to come home because I have heard that jet-lag and reverse-culture shock are a lot worse coming home than it was on the way here (hard to believe but I guess we will see). I was SO tired the first couple days that we were here and it was so hard to get used to the time difference and the eating time changes because meal times are so much more spread out! I just hope that everything is back to normal by the Monday after I get back because I have so much that I have to do! You all have no idea how ready I am to come home but I am also really sad to leave here! I am going to miss it here so much. The students all have a ton of stuff planned the last 6 days that we are here to keep us busy and not thinking about home so I hope it works! Love you all and I can't wait to see your faces! Especially the faces of my Momma, Dad, Andrea, Amanda, and Mike (and possibly Trevonte?) when I see them at the airport/Big Bowl!

Besos muy fuerte!

P.S. I have learned that blogging about coming home gets the thoughts out of my head for a bit longer than if I just shove the thoughts away, so I am sorry if it is repetitive (but not really).

No comments:

Post a Comment