Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"finals week"

I made it. All the way to finals week. I can't believe how fast this semester went! I feel like it was just last week that I skyped my mom for the first time freaking out because I didn't want to be here anymore. Keep in mind that that was the first day in Spain, I hadn't slept in 2 days, and I was both physically and mentally exhausted. Now, almost four months later, I know I am going to miss Spain so much and I am going to be so sad to leave. I am going to miss my host mom, her cooking, and our talks about Twilight, Edward, and Jacob. Buuuttt, I am SO FREAKING EXCITED to see my family, hang out with them, and be able to talk to them in person!

I am finally in "finals week", which is NOTHING like finals week at Bethel. I always get so stressed out around finals time, but this time is so much different. I am still nervous and stressed out, but not nearly as stressed out and nervous as last year. I had a presentation today in my photography class about my own photos and it was so easy and actually fun! Tomorrow, I have an "entrevista" for my Advanced Communication class. All that is, is talking to Ricardo. Just talking. It is just to show that our Spanish has improved and our communication has gotten better. Then I have "trabajos" due on Friday ( they are basically 1 1/2 page papers about an article that our professor gave us and we had to do 5) for Art and Civilization and a test for that class on Monday. Also due Monday is my final paper for Modern Literature. I am really stressed, but I am pretty sure I will do just fine.

I have 4 days that I am looking forward to! First, tomorrow I get to go to Breaking Dawn with my host mom. Second, Monday I am going to be done with all of my finals and just get to relax my last 3 days in Spain. Third, Wednesday we all have our goodbye dinner with all of the students and their host mom's. Lastly, Friday I GET TO COME HOME AND SEE EVERYONE!!! There is a downside to having 3 free days because we will not have anything to distract us from being so close to being home. I still have a ton of shopping to do for Andrea, Dad, and Mom so maybe I will be able to do that this weekend and next week.

Everyone here is so ready to come home because we all miss our family a ton! I feel like it was a good thing that no one from my family visited me because I feel like I would have missed them more when they left. I was a little sad when a ton of people had their parents and friends visit, but now I think that this was probably the best situation for me because I wouldn't have wanted them to go. I am more than ready to come home, see my family, go to Caribou and Big Bowl, then go to bed! I am so excited to see you all! Love you all tons!

1 comment:

  1. Hi kid!

    It's like the old saying: The years go by so fast, but the days go oh so slowly. In this case, it has been a quick semester, but we miss you each day and the time seems to drag until we get to pick you up at the airport. Anyhoo, study hard, do your work thoroughly and properly, and keep up that GPA.

    It's getting closer, but it's still not close enough. I love my B'doo.

    - Dad

    ReplyDelete